Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Stupid Box

          This is my name for television. Don't get me wrong! I watch TV. I play video games. I make/watch You Tube videos. I 'm not saying that all TV and entertainment is bad. I just think that TV has to be something you prioritize correctly.
          First, you all know those certain shows, the ones that are so stupid you can feel your IQ shrinking! Yet some people are drawn to them. "It's so stupid, it's hilarious!" Your brain is a computer guys! Input stupid and you'll output stupid! Watch things that are positive and uplifting! Or watch Sci-fi! It's about believing anything is possible!
          Second, most people are in debt. Most people don't live on a budget. If you are in debt, pay that back before you buy cable or satillite! If you are on a tight budget just get Netflix. My husband and I only go to the theaters for two reasons. One is epic films. For example, the soon out new Star Wars. The Second is if we are on a date night for the sake of our marriage. We usually try to save date nights for epic films. Sometimes we buy DVDs and Vudu codes off our friends, but we have a budget for that. We don't even have Netflix, let alone cable.
          Third, you need to limit how many hours you watch TV and play games. When you come home daily and turn on the TV, you lose time. You lose time to pursue your dreams! You lose time with your family! You lose time to work out! Sometimes you get so wrapped up in a show that you think/talk about it at work. Do you really want a show to be your dominating thought!? Or should your vision for the future be your dominating thought!? Do you always want to watch the Discovery Channel or do you want to get out there and discover the world!?

No comments:

Post a Comment