Tuesday, March 13, 2018

It Ain't All About the Money! (Why I Do This!)

          I know that some people are just making YouTube videos because they like the attention. I know that some people are making them because they want to make money. Some YouTubers just want to get subscribers. They like the status and being famous. Some people are just into the numbers. They want to be able to say that they have X amount of subscribers.
          Then there are people that make videos just for fun or to share with others. They don't even care if they make money or if they are famous. If they had 2 loyal subscribers they would keep making videos. Some people don't care if they have ANY subscribers. For them YouTube is a journal or scrapbook of their life. I have seen a few people with large channels that started their channel as a school project or to meet study abroad requirements.
          I am none of these people and all of them! I like making videos! I think it is fun to film them! I am trying to be a stay at home mom. I need the income! In a way, I would like being famous. I don't want to be unable to go to the store. But, I would like someone to recognize me or to get big enough that people wanted to do meet ups! At this point, I would brag about the number of subscribers I had because it would be so few. Later, I would be proud to say I had X amount! It would mean that I was providing content that people wanted to see! Yes, YouTube will be a journal for me. Hopefully, sharing and helping others will make me feel like I am going through all this for a reason! Sharing and helping others will relieve a lot of my stress! It will make me feel good!
          Some people say all YouTube content providers are bad because we are trying to make money off of people. But a grocery store hopes to make money off people. No one thinks that the grocery store owner is bad. Maybe it is because he is filling a need. But that is just it. I hope that my channel isn't just entertainment. That I am not simply making money off people's tendency to fall down a YouTube hole. I hope that my content is entertaining but I also hope that it fills a need! 

No comments:

Post a Comment