Friday, March 16, 2018

My First Plan with Me!

          I know that all new experiences are learning experiences. But sometimes learning those lessons can be heartbreaking.Especially when you are trying to create something beautiful for others!
          Filming anything in our home with my son awake is impossible! That is not an exaggeration. He has a happy squeal that you can hear outside in the yard! Sometimes if I film when he is asleep, my voice wakes him. I don't mean that I am loud but the familiarity of my voice. Maybe I could film easier if our house was bigger or better insulated. This was such an issue that I set up a place to film in my van! Because of time limitations I had to film in small increments. After I filmed the first part I went to watch the video and realized my phone had rotated the footage sideways in a vertical orientation. I was heartbroken. I couldn't take up all my stickers and start over! I turned off rotation, remounted the phone, and started again. I explained what had happened to the camera and recapped that part of the spread already complete. I planned and little more. Then I decided to stop and check my phone camera. Some how it was still rotating the footage. I took the SD card out and put the footage in my video editor. The editor turned the footage back to a horizontal orientation. The problem was that both the rotated and un-rotated footage was rippling like a road blurs on a hot day. I googled the problem and changed my camera settings the way the forum suggested. After filming the last of that week's spread, I again reviewed the footage. It was just as rotated and bad as the rest. Finally I hooked up my DSLR to my tripod and tried filming while my son was asleep. The camera was great! So I filmed a post plan video. I should have just pulled out the nice equipment the first time. Besides, you guys deserve the best!
          At least now I know where, when, and how to film my next Plan with me! I am excited to plan and share with you guys! I also hope you can learn from my mistakes! Happy Planning! Happy St.Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment