Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Leftovers

          Recently my husband's family went camping. They do it every year as a family reunion. Each family contributes food and then we share everything. My husband likes to make kebabs. This year he went to Sam's Club to get the meat and veggies. It sounded like a good idea. We usually need a lot. Sam's would have bulk meat for cheaper than the grocery store. The problem with Sam's Club however, is that it tricks you into thinking you need more of everything than you actually need! We bought WAY too much meat! So I come home with all these left overs and I have to get creative! How do I keep all this meat from going bad?
          That my friends is the beauty of the frozen casserole! But this took an enormous amount of prep time and effort! I had to cut the chicken and the beef into chunks. Thank the Lord that I own some good knives. Otherwise, my hands would have fell off! These pans are the super deep roasting pans. I had a full one of chicken and a half full one of beef! Beware of the Sam's Club TRAP! 
           Here is a picture of the cut chicken, bacon bits and mushrooms I used in the TWO chicken casseroles I made in roasting pans.

          I also added cheddar cheese to the casseroles and topped them with another layer of cheese. Also all the meat was marinated for a day in Allegra. So it was super tasty! Here is how they looked!

          It was extra good with a little sour cream on the side! Freezing them gave us extra time to eat them without getting sick of having the same thing over and over. You can also cut the casseroles into smaller servings and freeze those. Then you can feed one person!

          Lastly I made a beef one. I topped it with Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar chips crushed into crumbs! I also used the left over veggies in this one!


          I think they were pretty good considering I didn't have a recipe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment